The second quarter is coming to an end on June 30, and it’s time for a mid-year marketing assessment. You know better than anyone that effective marketing is an integral part of any company’s success, and making adjustments to stay—or get back—on track is especially important this time of year. As you examine your progress toward achieving annual goals, you find yourself wondering if it’s time to take your strategy to the next level.
This is a scenario many of our clients are in when they first come to us. From CMOs who lead in-house teams to marketing managers who make up the entire department, it’s becoming ever more difficult for marketing professionals to maintain their broadening roles. That’s why the most successful client relationships we have are with marketing leaders who understand the value of working in tandem with an outsourced firm.
Is your organization ready to capitalize on the growth opportunities a partnership can provide? Here are eight signs that engaging a marketing agency could be your key to a successful second half:
- You (and your team) are stretched too thin. Not enough time in the day to tend to every marketing channel available to your business? Do campaigns always seem to take longer than expected to get off the ground? Valuable opportunities constantly getting pushed to the backburner? An agency can act as an extension of your team, giving you all the extra hands you need to strategize and execute at the highest level.
- You are considering hiring another employee. It often takes a lot of work to justify marketing expenditures to corporate, let alone convince them that the hassle and expense of adding personnel to an existing team is worthwhile. For the price of one new employee, however, you can hire an agency and gain the expertise of many marketing experts. Aside from the financial benefits, an agency partnership can also circumvent issues like retention, learning curve, training, and managing additional staff.
- Your marketing is outdated. When you are focused on the daily grind and dedicating most of your hours to moving existing projects forward, it can be difficult to stay on top of what trends seem to be moving the needle in your industry. While it may seem impossible to keep up with today’s most effective social media strategies, for example, you can rely on your agency partner to sort through the clutter and bring the most relevant opportunities to the table.
- You are struggling to stick to your marketing plan—or you never had one to begin with. The big picture can be complex and easy to lose sight of without many minds mulling over the data and making strategic decisions on how to tweak campaigns along the way. A capable marketing firm is adept at not only creating comprehensive, long-term, data-driven marketing strategies, but also managing timelines and budgets to ensure ROI.
- You don’t know if your message is resonating with your target audience. No one knows your brand’s value proposition better than you do, which can make it difficult to take a step back and view your messaging from the eyes of your audience. But when an agency with an outside perspective conducts a market survey and gathers feedback from past, current, and potential customers, they can provide valuable insights that impact how—and to whom—you communicate.
- Sales are stagnant (or worse). If revenue is not increasing year-over-year, it’s clear that something is not working. Maybe your sales team is lacking the tools they need to be successful. Perhaps your message isn’t reaching the right audience. Whatever the case, your partner agency can find out what’s not working, then make recommendations to change gears.
- You’re not sure how to measure your marketing ROI. Modern day marketing is becoming far more complicated and technology- and data-driven. Fortunately, modern marketing firms have the tools, knowledge, and manpower to devote to analyzing and providing the data you need to justify your department’s hard work—and worth.
- You want to expand into a new target market. Opening a new location? Launching a new product? Simply want to reach a different market segment? Marketing agencies specialize in breaking into new markets and raising awareness while maintaining brand consistency.
If you relate to any of these scenarios and think it’s time for your marketing department to reap the benefits of an agency partnership, the next step is to understand how to get the most out of your investment. Read the 5 Dos and Don’ts for Successfully Partnering with a Marketing Firm, or fill out the form below to schedule a free phone consultation during which we would be happy to answer any questions you have about a successful agency relationship.